Shinto Muso Ryu Jodo

An account of my experience training in Shinto Muso Ryu Jodo.

Monday, August 02, 2004

Good Training

I've had some good training this week.

Saturday was Jo. I went through all the sword side of the kata, picked up heaps of fine points which I've now forgotten. I shouldn't say that. I do remember some.

Footwork is so important in this. What's fascinating is that it is so simple but feels so hard to do. Just stand naturally is what they teach, but I always have this inclination to move into other positions. These are bad habits from other styles that teach you to move like a robot. I just need to relax, let it happen.

Tonight was kenjutsu, heaps of kata work. I had a good night tonight and got a few questions answered. I feel like I've walked away with a little bit of knowledge. I'll work on it in the backyard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home