Shinto Muso Ryu Jodo

An account of my experience training in Shinto Muso Ryu Jodo.

Sunday, July 18, 2004

Shadows in the Park

I've been training in Jodo for approximately 6 months now. I love it.

This is koryu training, so there's no belts, no dans, no gradings.
Just kata training.

I think this is just the best way to train. You keep your focus on what you are currently doing, not what you need to learn next. Progression is natural, when you are ready the Sensei will show you the next kata.

At the moment we have been training outdoors in the afternoon. It's good having the grass under your feet, the sun in the corner of your eye, the wind. Everything is natural and I think about training in the old days. The dojo was where ever you were. No ornate shrines or buildings, just training.

It's a hard school, I'm impressed with their attitude.
I look forward to learning more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home